Express notes are short reports that describe original findings with rapid review processes. They are a part of Notes and Correspondence which consists of "express notes" and "comments and replies". Because Notes and Correspondence are intended to be published rapidly, editorial decisions on their suitability for publication will be made within four months of manuscript submission.
JMSJ, 2020, Vol. 98
- Krzyścin, J., 2020: Is the Antarctic ozone hole recovering faster than changing the stratospheric halogen loading? J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 98, https://doi.org/10.2151/jmsj.2020-055.
- Ohno, T., A. Noda, and M. Satoh, 2020: Impacts of sub-grid ice cloud physics in a turbulence scheme on high clouds and their response to global warming. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 98,
Early Online Release
- Naoi, M., Y. Kamae, H. Ueda, and W. Mei, 2020: Impacts of seasonal transitions of ENSO on atmospheric river activity over East Asia. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 98, 655-668.
https://doi.org/10.2151/jmsj.2020-027 Graphical Abstract
- Geng, B., M. Katsumata, and K. Taniguchi, 2020: Modulation of the diurnal cycle of precipitation near the southwestern coast of Sumatra by mixed Rossby-gravity waves. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 98, 463-480.
Special Edition on Years of the Maritime Continent (YMC)
https://doi.org/10.2151/jmsj.2020-026 Graphical Abstract
- Duc, L., K. Saito, and D. Hotta, 2020: An explanation for the diagonally predominant property of the positive symmetric ensemble transform matrix. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 98, 455-462.
https://doi.org/10.2151/jmsj.2020-022 Graphical Abstract
JMSJ, 2019, Vol. 97
- Sueki, K., and Y. Kajikawa, 2019: Different precipitation systems between Hiroshima and Keihanshin during extreme rainfall event in western Japan in July 2018 . J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 97, 1221-1232.
Special Edition on Extreme Rainfall Events in 2017 and 2018
https://doi.org/10.2151/jmsj.2019-063 Graphical Abstract
- Takamura, T., and H. Irie, 2019: Forward scattering effect on the estimation of the aerosol optical thickness for Sun photometry. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 97, 1211-1219.
https://doi.org/10.2151/jmsj.2019-059 Graphical Abstract
- Ose, T., 2019: Future changes in summertime East Asian monthly precipitation in CMIP5 and their dependence on present-day model climatology. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 97,
https://doi.org/10.2151/jmsj.2019-055 Graphical Abstract
- Liu, B., C. Zhu, J. Su, S. Ma, and K. Xu, 2019: Record-breaking northward shift of the western North Pacific Subtropical High in July 2018. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 97, 913-925.
Special Edition on Extreme Rainfall Events in 2017 and 2018
https://doi.org/10.2151/jmsj.2019-047 Graphical Abstract
- Lim, J., and H.-M. Park, 2019: H-infinity filtering for bias correction in post-processing of numerical weather prediction. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 97, 773-782.
https://doi.org/10.2151/jmsj.2019-041 Graphical Abstract
- Watanabe, S., M. Fujita, S. Kawazoe, S. Sugimoto, Y. Okada, R. Mizuta, and M. Ishii, 2019: Frequency change of clear-air turbulence over the North Pacific under 2 K global warming - Ensemble projections using a 60-km atmospheric general circulation model. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 97, 757-771.
https://doi.org/10.2151/jmsj.2019-038 Graphical Abstract
- Miyakawa, T., and H. Miura, 2019: Resolution dependencies of tropical convection in a global cloud/cloud-system resolving model. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 97, 745-756.
https://doi.org/10.2151/jmsj.2019-034 Graphical Abstract
- Jinno, T., T. Miyakawa, and M. Satoh, 2019: NICAM predictability of the monsoon gyre over the western North Pacific during August 2016. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 97, 533-540.
Special Edition on Tropical Cyclones in 2015–2016
https://doi.org/10.2151/jmsj.2019-017 Graphical Abstract
JMSJ, 2018, Vol. 96
- Takahashi, H. G., 2018: A systematic tropospheric dry bias in the tropics in CMIP5 models: Relationship between water vapor and rainfall characteristics. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 96, 415-423.
https://doi.org/10.2151/jmsj.2018-046 Graphical Abstract
- Misumi, R., Y. Uji, Y. Tobo, K. Miura, J. Uetake, Y. Iwamoto, T. Maesaka, and K. Iwanami, 2018: Characteristics of droplet size distributions in low-level stratiform clouds observed from Tokyo Skytree. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 96, 405-413.
https://doi.org/10.2151/jmsj.2018-040 Graphical Abstract
- Takahashi, H. G., and J. M. B. Dado, 2018: Relationship between sea surface temperature and rainfall in the Philippines during the Asian summer monsoon. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 96, 283-290.
https://doi.org/10.2151/jmsj.2018-031 Graphical Abstract
- Putri, N. S., H. Iwabuchi, and T. Hayasaka, 2018: Evolution of Mesoscale Convective System properties as derived from Himawari-8 high resolution data analyses. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 96B, 239-250.
https://doi.org/10.2151/jmsj.2018-020 Graphical Abstract
- Ishioka, K., 2018: A new recurrence formula for efficient computation of spherical harmonic transform. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 96, 241-249.
- Roh, W., and M. Satoh, 2018: Extension of a multisensor satellite radiance-based evaluation for cloud system resolving models. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 96, 55-63.
https://doi.org/10.2151/jmsj.2018-002. Graphical Abstract
JMSJ, 2017, Vol. 95
- Sekiyama, T. T., M. Kajino, and M. Kunii, 2017: The impact of surface wind data assimilation on the predictability of near-surface plume advection in the case of the Fukushima nuclear accident. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 95, 447-454.
https://doi.org/10.2151/jmsj.2017-025 Graphical Abstract
JMSJ, 2016, Vol. 94
- Yatagai, A., and S. Oyama, 2016: Thermospheric nocturnal wind climatology observed by Fabry-Perot interferometers over the Asia-Oceania region. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 94, 525-536.
https://doi.org/10.2151/jmsj.2016-026 Graphical Abstract
- Guo, Y., Y. Zhang, N. Ma, H. Song, H. Gao, 2016: Quantifying surface energy fluxes and evaporation over a significant expanding endorheic lake in the central Tibetan Plateau. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 94, 453-465.
https://doi.org/10.2151/jmsj.2016-023 Graphical Abstract
- Shibuya, R., H. Miura, and K. Sato, 2016: A grid transformation method for a quasi-uniform, circular fine region using the spring dynamics. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 94, 443-452.
https://doi.org/10.2151/jmsj.2016-022 Graphical Abstract
- Ham, S., K. Yoshimura, and H. Li, 2016: Historical dynamical downscaling for East Asia with the atmosphere and ocean coupled regional model. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 94A, 199-208.
https://doi.org/10.2151/jmsj.2015-046 Graphical Abstract
- Takayabu, I., and K. Hibino, 2016: The skillful time scale of climate models. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 94A, 191-197.
https://doi.org/10.2151/jmsj.2015-038 Graphical Abstract
- Kanada, S., and A. Wada, 2016: Sensitivity to horizontal resolution of the simulated intensifying rate and inner-core structure of typhoon Ida, an extremely intense typhoon. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 94A, 181-190.
https://doi.org/10.2151/jmsj.2015-037 Graphical Abstract
JMSJ, 2015, Vol. 93
- Mori, K., and T. Sato, 2015: Evaluating the role of snow cover in urban canopy layer on the urban heat island in Sapporo, Japan with a regional climate model. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 93, 581-592.
https://doi.org/10.2151/jmsj.2015-039 Graphical Abstract
- Kawase, H., H. Sasaki, A. Murata, M. Nosaka, and N. N. Ishizaki, 2015: Future changes in winter precipitation around Japan projected by ensemble experiments using NHRCM. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 93, 571-580.
https://doi.org/10.2151/jmsj.2015-034 Graphical Abstract
- Satoh, M., Y. Yamada, M. Sugi, C. Kodama, and A. T. Noda, 2015: Constraint on future change in global frequency of tropical cyclones due to global warming. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 93, 489-500.
Special Edition on Contributions to Asia Oceania Atmospheric Sciences
https://doi.org/10.2151/jmsj.2015-025 Graphical Abstract
- Orikasa, N., and M. Murakami, 2015: Ice crystal shapes in midlatitude cirrus clouds derived from hydrometeor videosonde (HYVIS) observations. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 93, 143-155.
http://doi.org/10.2151/jmsj.2015-004 Graphical Abstract
- Isono, J., and K. Ueno, 2015: Diurnal variations of surface wind speed observed in the mountainous area of central Japan during sunny summer days. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 93, 131-141.
http://doi.org/10.2151/jmsj.2015-003 Graphical Abstract
Comments and Replies
JMSJ, 2015, Vol. 93
- Chen, B., J.-Q. Zhao, L. Chen, G. Shi, 2015: Reply to the comments of F. Fujibe on "Anthropogenic heat release: Estimation of global distribution and possible climate effect" by Chen, B. et al. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 93, 505-508.
https://doi.org/10.2151/jmsj.2015-028 Graphical Abstract
- Fujibe, F., 2015: Comments on "Anthropogenic heat release: Estimation of global distribution and possible climate effect" by Chen, B. et al. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 93, 501-503.
https://doi.org/10.2151/jmsj.2015-027 Graphical Abstract