Special Edition on Tropical Cyclones in 2015–2016
Chief Editor: Hironori Fudeyasu
- Editorial for the Special Edition on Tropical Cyclones in 2015–2016.
JMSJ, 2019, Vol. 97, No.3 (June)
- Wada, A., H. Tsuguti, K. Okamoto, and N. Seino, 2019: Air-sea coupled data assimilation experiment for Typhoons Kilo, Etau and the September 2015 Kanto-Tohoku Heavy Rainfall with the Advanced Microwave Scanning Radiometer 2 sea surface temperature. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 97, 553-575.
https://doi.org/10.2151/jmsj.2019-029 Graphical Abstract NEW
JMSJ, 2019, Vol. 97, No.2 (April)
- Fujita, M., T. Sato, T. J. Yamada, S. Kawazoe, M. Nakano, and K. Ito, 2019: Analyses of extreme precipitation associated with the Kinugawa River flood in September 2015 using a large ensemble downscaling experiment. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 97, 387-401.
https://doi.org/10.2151/jmsj.2019-022 Graphical Abstract NEW
- Fudeyasu, H., and R. Yoshida, 2019: Statistical analysis of the relationship between upper tropospheric cold lows and tropical cyclone genesis over the western North Pacific. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 97, 439-451.
https://doi.org/10.2151/jmsj.2019-025 Graphical Abstract NEW
Notes and Correspondence
- Jinno, T., T. Miyakawa, and M. Satoh, 2019: NICAM predictability of the monsoon gyre over the western North Pacific during August 2016. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 97, 533-540.
https://doi.org/10.2151/jmsj.2019-017 Graphical Abstract NEW
JMSJ, 2019, Vol. 97, No.1 (February)
- Jin, H., Y. Jin, and J. Doyle, 2019: An evaluation of COAMPS-TC real-time forecasts for Super Typhoon Nepartak (2016) . J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 97, 191-203.
https://doi.org/10.2151/jmsj.2019-011 Graphical Abstract
- Nayak, S., and T. Takemi, 2019: Dynamical downscaling of Typhoon Lionrock (2016) for assessing the resulting hazards under global warming. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 97, 69-88.
https://doi.org/10.2151/jmsj.2019-003 Graphical Abstract
JMSJ, 2018, Vol. 96, No.6 (December)
- Wada, A., and R. Oyama, 2018: Relation of convective bursts to changes in the intensity of Typhoon Lionrock (2016) during the decay phase simulated by an atmosphere-wave-ocean coupled model. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 96, 489-509.
https://doi.org/10.2151/jmsj.2018-052 Graphical Abstract