Express notes are short reports that describe original findings with rapid review processes. They are a part of Notes and Correspondence which consists of "express notes" and "comments and replies". Because Notes and Correspondence are intended to be published rapidly, editorial decisions on their suitability for publication will be made within four months of manuscript submission.
JMSJ, 2018, Vol. 96
- Putri, N. S., H. Iwabuchi, and T. Hayasaka, 2018: Evolution of Mesoscale Convective System properties as derived from Himawari-8 high resolution data analyses. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 96B,
Early Online Release Graphical Abstract NEW
- Ishioka, K., 2018: A new recurrence formula for efficient computation of spherical harmonic transform. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 96,
Early Online Release NEW
- Roh, W., and M. Satoh, 2018: Extension of a multisensor satellite radiance-based evaluation for cloud system resolving models. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 96, 55-63.
https://doi.org/10.2151/jmsj.2018-002. Graphical Abstract NEW
JMSJ, 2017, Vol. 95
- Sekiyama, T. T., M. Kajino, and M. Kunii, 2017: The impact of surface wind data assimilation on the predictability of near-surface plume advection in the case of the Fukushima nuclear accident. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 95, 447-454.
https://doi.org/10.2151/jmsj.2017-025 Graphical Abstract NEW
JMSJ, 2016, Vol. 94
- Yatagai, A., and S. Oyama, 2016: Thermospheric nocturnal wind climatology observed by Fabry-Perot interferometers over the Asia-Oceania region. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 94, 525-536.
https://doi.org/10.2151/jmsj.2016-026 Graphical Abstract
- Guo, Y., Y. Zhang, N. Ma, H. Song, H. Gao, 2016: Quantifying surface energy fluxes and evaporation over a significant expanding endorheic lake in the central Tibetan Plateau. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 94, 453-465.
https://doi.org/10.2151/jmsj.2016-023 Graphical Abstract
- Shibuya, R., H. Miura, and K. Sato, 2016: A grid transformation method for a quasi-uniform, circular fine region using the spring dynamics. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 94, 443-452.
https://doi.org/10.2151/jmsj.2016-022 Graphical Abstract
- Ham, S., K. Yoshimura, and H. Li, 2016: Historical dynamical downscaling for East Asia with the atmosphere and ocean coupled regional model. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 94A, 199-208.
https://doi.org/10.2151/jmsj.2015-046 Graphical Abstract
- Takayabu, I., and K. Hibino, 2016: The skillful time scale of climate models. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 94A, 191-197.
https://doi.org/10.2151/jmsj.2015-038 Graphical Abstract
- Kanada, S., and A. Wada, 2016: Sensitivity to horizontal resolution of the simulated intensifying rate and inner-core structure of typhoon Ida, an extremely intense typhoon. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 94A, 181-190.
https://doi.org/10.2151/jmsj.2015-037 Graphical Abstract
JMSJ, 2015, Vol. 93
- Mori, K., and T. Sato, 2015: Evaluating the role of snow cover in urban canopy layer on the urban heat island in Sapporo, Japan with a regional climate model. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 93, 581-592.
https://doi.org/10.2151/jmsj.2015-039 Graphical Abstract
- Kawase, H., H. Sasaki, A. Murata, M. Nosaka, and N. N. Ishizaki, 2015: Future changes in winter precipitation around Japan projected by ensemble experiments using NHRCM. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 93, 571-580.
https://doi.org/10.2151/jmsj.2015-034 Graphical Abstract
- Satoh, M., Y. Yamada, M. Sugi, C. Kodama, and A. T. Noda, 2015: Constraint on future change in global frequency of tropical cyclones due to global warming. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 93, 489-500.
Special Edition on Contributions to Asia Oceania Atmospheric Sciences
https://doi.org/10.2151/jmsj.2015-025 Graphical Abstract
- Orikasa, N., and M. Murakami, 2015: Ice crystal shapes in midlatitude cirrus clouds derived from hydrometeor videosonde (HYVIS) observations. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 93, 143-155.
http://dx.doi.org/10.2151/jmsj.2015-004 Graphical Abstract
- Isono, J., and K. Ueno, 2015: Diurnal variations of surface wind speed observed in the mountainous area of central Japan during sunny summer days. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 93, 131-141.
http://dx.doi.org/10.2151/jmsj.2015-003 Graphical Abstract
Comments and Replies
JMSJ, 2015, Vol. 93
- Chen, B., J.-Q. Zhao, L. Chen, G. Shi, 2015: Reply to the comments of F. Fujibe on "Anthropogenic heat release: Estimation of global distribution and possible climate effect" by Chen, B. et al. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 93, 505-508.
https://doi.org/10.2151/jmsj.2015-028 Graphical Abstract
- Fujibe, F., 2015: Comments on "Anthropogenic heat release: Estimation of global distribution and possible climate effect" by Chen, B. et al. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 93, 501-503.
https://doi.org/10.2151/jmsj.2015-027 Graphical Abstract